Saturday, July 20, 2013

This week in class we were assigned to write about our top 10 favorite things we learned from class.  Here is my list:

Top 10 List
 Family Council:  I loved in class when we talked about having family council.  In a family council everyone’s voice can be heard.  Parents can use this time to hear their children’s opinions on different subjects.  I will have family council with my future family.

Preparing for a marriage not a wedding:  It is important when preparing to be married that the couples plan for a marriage not a wedding.  People get too caught up with the materialistic part of the wedding.  I am going to have a temple theme at my wedding reception.  I want to have a temple cake topper on my wedding cake.

Gay day:  I learned so much in class the day we talked about gays.  I learned about what they are going through.  God did not give them the temptation to like the members of their same sex.  Satan gave them that temptation.  And all temptation can be overcome. 

It takes three things to really know someone:  Talk- mutual disclosure, Togetherness- doing a variety of activities together, and Time- you don’t begin to really know someone until after 3 months.  I need to do these three things to know that I’m supposed to marry someone.  Plus a lot more.  But those three are very important.

The Book of Mormon is written for parents:  I never thought of that before.  There are the best and worst examples of parenting in the Book of Mormon.  If I want to be a good, beautiful, praiseworthy parent then I need to learn how to do it from the Book of Mormon. 

Sexual Intimacy:  I never knew how much communication is necessary for sexual intimacy within marriage.  I thought it all came naturally.  A husband and wife need to be in constant communication so that no one feels taken advantage of, and so each person can feel satisfied and that their needs are being filled.

Dating:  we need to date a variety of different people.  Do not date a project.  When beauty meets or dates a beast, she becomes a beast.  She usually lowers her standards down to his level.  We need to find someone that is one same level as ourselves.

Coping saw:  a coping saw is a small tool used to intricately cut crown molding.  Crown molding needs to be cut perfectly so that when the wood expands it fits.  That is the same in our families.  In a family we all need to be working together so that we can fit perfectly together, but also expand when trials come, but then come right back together when the trial is over.

Fatherhood:  I loved the section about fatherhood.  Fathers are so important in the lives of the children and of course the wife.  Fathers need to take special time with their kids to help their kids grow up with a positive male role model.  This is especially important with daughters.  I hope that my husband plays a very active role with our children.

Working as a family:  The families that work together are the closest.  Children need to have chores to do in the house so that everyone is participating and working together.  In my family we all share the chores so that my step-mom doesn’t have to do everything.  It’s not fair that she does everything because we are all a family and we all need to help contribute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment