Saturday, June 1, 2013

This week in class we had to turn in a family systems project.  I compared my family to a layered bean dip.  I related each one of my family members to a different ingredient in the dip.  For instance my step-mom is the refried beans.  The refried beans are on the bottom of the dip, they are the foundation.  Jonnie, my step-mom, is our foundation, she keeps us grounded and has helped us through some trying times. 

We then had to talk about the different systems in our families.  I realized that there are many different systems within my own family.  It was really fun to see and recognize why some of my siblings are closer than others, and why some of us group together and why some do not.  It made me really homesick for my siblings too.  It is so hard for me to be away from them, especially from my nieces and nephews. 


Family is the most important system on this earth.  It is important to study them, and try to find out how we can make our own families more successful as well as other families.  

No comments:

Post a Comment